disposable patient transfer sheet helps prevent disabling back injuries that can result from lifting, transferring and repositioning patients. Z-Slider is placed under the draw sheet and acts to reduce friction while moving the patient.
Use of Z-Slider complies with recommendations by OSHA and the AORN for safe patient handling, as well as "No-Lift" laws in effect in many states.1, 2
Use of Z-Slider also complies with National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health recommendations for safe patient handling for EMS workers.
To enhance staff compliance, Ansell offers several point-of-care dispensers.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Reduces the risk of physical strain to the back, shoulders, neck and arms caused by moving patients
- Single-patient use reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- Suitable for patients of any size/weight
- Easy to use - product instructions are printed on the product
- Recyclable (LDPE 4)
- Bright orange and highly recognizable
- Dimensions: 33" x 39" (84 cm x 99 cm)
Hospital eTool: HealthCare Wide Hazards Module: Ergonomics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), www.osha.gov
Pocket Reference Guide: Safe Patient Handling and Movement in the Perioperative Setting. AORN Toolkit. Association of periOperative Nurses. 2014