17 June 2020 – Ansell Limited (ASX: ANN), a global leader in personal protection solutions today announces that
the company’s planned CEO succession will be deferred for six months from July 2021 to December 2021.
Following the Board’s request, Magnus Nicolin has agreed to delay his retirement and stay in the CEO role for a further six months. The request was made because current international travel restrictions have significantly interrupted the Board’s assessment of CEO candidates and in addition increased the need for effective and focused execution to manage through the global crisis.
“Direct, personal engagement is fundamental to the Board’s assessment and governance processes. Rather than compromise, we have instead opted to give ourselves further time and we are thankful to Magnus for enabling us to make that choice,” Ansell’s Chairman Mr John Bevan said.
Ansell would like to take this opportunity to also provide a business update ahead of the release of its F’20 financial results on 25 August 2020.
“As a global safety solutions leader with a diversified portfolio, Ansell is on the front lines of combating COVID-19. We continue to see elevated demand for a range of our products. They are being used by a multitude of essential service workers including healthcare providers and emergency responders as well as across global industries where additional protection is needed to prevent the spread of the virus. As a result, we are working non-stop to optimise and expand our manufacturing and distribution capacities whilst also ensuring the protection of our own employees” stated Magnus Nicolin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. (see video)
Ansell continues to successfully navigate and adapt the business to the opportunities and challenges presented upon it in the current operating environment. We are:
• Increasing capacity for in-demand products.
• Actively managing our balanced portfolio of healthcare and industrial end users to shift focus away from
softer verticals such as automotive and oil & gas towards sectors which have higher growth such as healthcare, food processing, cleaning, logistics & government. We are also helping our end users to craft a “return to business safely strategy”;
• Working closely with governments and intergovernmental organisations around the world to provide guidance, regulatory expertise and additional products now and in the coming months and years to build safety stocks and a greater readiness to meet future crises of the same nature;
• Navigating a turbulent industry where a number of operators are looking to take advantage through price- gouging, Ansell is not making price increases other than to compensate for increased cost and is communicating closely with distributors to help them and end user customers alike to manage through these dynamic times.
Changes to 2020 Financial Calendar
Ansell would like to advise on the following changes to our 2020 Financial Calendar, as stated in our F’19 Annual Report
• Full year results announcement – changed from 24 August 2020 to 25 August 2020
• Ex-dividend share trading commences – changed from 28 August 2020 to 31 August 2020
• Record date – changed from 31 August 2020 to 1 September 2020
• Annual General Meeting – changed from 12 November 2020 to 5 November 2020. The AGM will be held as a virtual meeting via an online platform. Shareholders will be able to participate in the AGM in a number of ways with details to be provided in the Notice of Meeting. The closing date for director nominations is Friday 18 September 2020. Any nomination must be received at the Company’s registered office no later than 5.00pm (Melbourne time) on Friday 18 September 2020.
Authorised for release by the Board of Ansell Limited.