3 March 2014 – Iselin, NJ – Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions, announced that it will introduce and demonstrate several new safety innovations at the upcoming 62nd Annual AORN (Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses) Surgical Congress and Expo in Denver, CO. Ansell represents the world’s largest supplier of surgical gloves and a progressive leader in perioperative safety, offering solutions to protect patients and healthcare providers. Ansell will be represented at booth #2413 and will feature the following innovations:
- GAMMEX® Non-Latex PI Textured White glove - the newest member of the Company’s synthetic polyisoprene surgical glove family. The glove delivers all the performance characteristics of natural rubber latex without the risk of natural rubber latex sensitization. These gloves feature a textured finish for superior grip and exceptional reliability when using instruments that require greater gripping capability.
- GAMMEX Non-Latex Sensitive glove - this surgical glove is made with the revolutionary SENSOPRENE® formulation, which delivers advanced allergy protection (both latex and chemical allergies) for healthcare workers and patients. SENSOPRENE Formulation is up to 30% thinner than standard surgical gloves, while maintaining glove strength, to provide an unprecedented level of sensitivity and comfort for healthcare workers worldwide.
In addition, with a growing concern for staff and patient safety in the operating room, Ansell will be featuring several products from the SANDEL® brand of Healthcare Safety Solutions on an actual O.R. table reflecting an authentic operating room environment:
- SANDEL STAT-BLOC™ - disposable, antimicrobial O.R. linens designed to reduce the risk of cross-contamination and improve turnover time.
- SANDEL DriFloor™ fluid management products - designed to address the risk of slips and falls in the O.R., the full range of absorbent floor pads now accommodates a wide variety of surgical procedures in which fluids may collect on the floor. SANDEL DriFloor provides a simple solution to enhance safety, improve turnover time, and eliminate the use of blankets and towels on the floor.
- SANDEL Z-Slider® Patient Transfer Sheet - now available in a convenient, individually wrapped option. The Single-Pack Z-Slider fits comfortably in scrub pockets and helps eliminate the time spent locating reusable devices. SANDEL Z-Slider helps reduce back injuries, improves infection control, and complies with OSHA, AORN and state-legislated patient transfer guidelines.
“At Ansell, we are proud of our rich heritage as the innovators and leaders in surgical and exam glove design and technologies, and perioperative safety devices that help keep patients and healthcare workers safe in the surgical environment,”says Anthony López, President and General Manager, Medical Global Business Unit and Latin America Region, at Ansell. “We are also proud of having over a century of industry milestones and manufacturing breakthroughs that have led to high quality, premium products for our customers. Our unwavering commitment to protective solutions has resulted in a full range of surgical and examination gloves covering all applications, as well as healthcare safety devices and active infection protection products – all designed to protect patients and healthcare workers in the quickly evolving healthcare environment.”
In addition to a dedication in providing innovative protection solutions, Ansell is also committed to continuing education, providing continuing education for registered nurses and surgical technologists for over 20 years. In partnership with AORN and Pfiedler Enterprises, Ansell is providing funding for two continuing education programs at booth #2413. The two programs – “Hazards of Glove Powder” and “Infection Control in the Operating Room,” are accredited, evidence-based and peer-reviewed CEUs that target competencies and emerging trends facing OR nurses today.
Visitors to the Ansell booth will have the opportunity to participate in the “Ansell Touch Test,” a fun, interactive hands-on experience in which participants will don a GAMMEX Non-Latex Sensitive glove featuring SENSOPRENE formulation and feel the difference when guessing what objects they are touching in a specially designed Touch Test unit.
Also launching at AORN will be the 3rd Annual Ansell Cares H.E.R.O. (Heal, Educate, Reach, Overcome) Nurse Service Award, which recognizes nurses who have made lasting impressions on their peers, their patients, their profession, and their communities.
Click here for more information on all the Ansell activities at this year’s AORN.