28th April 2021 – Ansell Limited (ASX:ANN), the global leader in personal protection safety solutions, provides a trading update and upgrades its guidance for the full year ending 30th June 2021.
Ansell is continuing to support elevated demand for PPE around the world and our key capacity expansions remain on track to meet increased demand. Our financial performance since January 2021 has been stronger than expected. Specifically, we have the following items to highlight:
- Successful management of COVID-19 at all our manufacturing locations resulting in limited downtime or employee disruption to date;
- Continued increases in raw material and outsourced supplier costs for Exam/SU has been well managed through better than expected execution of price increases;
- Mechanical and Surgical SBUs which initially saw negative effects from COVID-19, have continued to deliver a faster and stronger comeback than previously foreseen and Chemical and Life Sciences continue to perform well;
- We have been able to continue to supply customers with product despite tightness in raw material supply and disruptions in ocean freight capacity which has resulted in an increase in transportation transit times; and
- Lower than anticipated travel and marketing spend given that travel restrictions still remain in place in many parts of the world.
Based on the above developments, we expect F’21 H2 year on year sales growth to be strong despite the solid performance of the prior comparable period and above 24.5% growth reported in F’21 H1. We also expect full year EPS to be in the range of US192¢ - US202¢ (up from previous guidance of US160¢ - US170¢ provided on 16th February 2021).
We will provide F’22 guidance on 24th August 2021 when we release our full year F’21 financial results.
This announcement has been authorised for release by the Board of Directors of Ansell Limited.