23 July 2013, Iselin, NJ – Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions, today announced the winners of its first H.E.R.O. [Heal, Educate, Reach, and Overcome] Nurse Service Award, established to recognize nurses who have made lasting impressions on their peers, patients, profession, and their community.
The contest was launched at the 60th annual AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses) Congress that was held March 4-8, 2013 in San Diego. It began with nurses being nominated by their peers, followed by a voting period. The 10 nominees receiving the most votes were named the most deserving of the 2013 H.E.RO. Nurse Service Award.
This year’s winners include:
- Mary Anderson, Professor, Chicago State University
- Donald Brant, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Aultman North Surgery (nominated twice)
- Ashley Burke, RN, Northeast Methodist Hospital
- Sailor Dobbins, Infusion Center, Allegan General Hospital
- Sarah Plunkett, RN, Ph.D., Nursing Professor, Tulsa Community College School of Nursing
- Lidia Pusnik, Clinical Educator, Citrus Valley Health Partners-Inter Community
- Greg A. Shannon, Director Nursing Staff Development, University of Toledo Medical Center
- Melissa Weishaar, RN,,Surgery Control Desk Coordinator, Salina Regional Health Center
“On behalf of everyone at Ansell, we would like to congratulate the nominees and show our appreciation for our nation's nurses, acknowledging their tireless contributions,” says Robert Gaither, Senior Vice President and Regional Director – North America at Ansell. "Nurses are the heart of healthcare and dispense comfort, compassion, and caring on a daily basis.”
Stay tuned for more details on the 2014 H.E.R.O. Nurse Service Award, including entry and nomination dates. To learn more about the 2013 winners, visit the Ansell Gallery of H.E.RO.’s at https://www.facebook.com/AnsellMedical.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Ansell News Bureau
Tel: + 1 732 345 2128