November 13, 2023, Tamil Nadu, India - Ansell is proud to announce that Ansell Sterile Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Erode, Tamilnadu, better known as Ansell Kovai, has been awarded prestigious Platinum ratings by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for its Phase 1 Project - Packing & Sterilization Facility. This recognition acknowledges our commitment to sustainable building practices and our dedication to building environmentally responsible structures.
The Indian Green Building Council is India’s premier certification body dedicated to promoting sustainability and has launched a Factory Building Rating system to encourage green concepts and techniques in the industrial sector. This certification addresses India’s national priorities like handling consumer waste, water efficiency, reduction in the use of fossil fuels, energy efficiency, and conserving natural resources.
Some of the key features that contributed to achieving IGBC Certification include:
- 44% of water savings through efficient plumbing fixtures
- Almost 100% of building energy consumption is met through on-site renewable energy
- More than 75% of regularly occupied areas are experiencing natural daylight
- 18% of the site area has been designed as Landscape area
- Installation of 517 cum capacity RWH system
- Installation of 1.1 MWp capacity of Rooftop Solar PV modules
- Occupant well-being facilities such as Gym and Break-out area are provided
We are extremely proud of this achievement and what it represents. Recognitions like this motivate the Kovai team to drive change and commit towards a more sustainable and greener future. Special thank you to Global Engineering and the entire Kovai team for being the driving force behind this successful achievement.